Old 07-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Billy

Default Yellow Ribbon Arborvitaes in Full Shade?

I just planted two Yellow Ribbon Arborvitaes in full shade the north front
corner of my home. The label says "full sun to part shade" but the nursery
said it would be ok in most shade but that they may lose the "yellow" look.
I have healthy looking emerald arborvitaes that the label says "full sun",
so will the yellow ribbons survive, and if yes - how do I keep that pretty
yellow tinge?

Old 08-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Marley1372

They will no doubt survive, but they may not grow more than a few inches a
year, and they will definitley turn green. The species is adapted pretty well
to part shade as they grow in the understory in the wet areas here in michigan.

Toad

[IMG] code is On

31 Cal Orchids Blue Ribbon Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 22-03-2007 09:42 PM
Good full Shade plants? paghat Gardening 7 12-04-2005 05:56 PM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM
Ribbon blender clem sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
Full shade - herbs Aprill Edible Gardening 2 02-04-2003 10:32 AM