Old 07-09-2003, 07:07 AM
jpd1009

Default Reviving Buffalo Grass

I am looking for some advise for a very poor looking buffalo grass lawn.

Lawn is 1 year old, having been rolled out in Sept 2002.

Over winter 2003 there has been heavy rainfall causing the lawn to remain
quite soden throughout the dorment period. In addition there has been lots
of traffic over the whole lawn, the main culprit being my very active 2 year
old son.

The upshot is that the lawn is looking very brown. There is no green leaf on
the runners, however most of them do appear to be healthy. (cutting them
exposes a green core and they are difficult to break by hand.

I have faith that the lawn will start to recover however I want to maximise
it's ability to grow as it is new and the layer of runners is still fairly
thin.

I need some help with a feeding and maintenance program.

Thanks in advance.

-james