GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shrub Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42367-shrub-question.html)

Nanceemo 07-09-2003 06:12 AM

Shrub Question

Please don't jump on me for asking here ... I'm hoping someone has had
experience, is all. I have searched -- the web, gardening books and software,
but I'm suffering from information overload and confusion.

Can anyone recommend a shrub, preferable flowering at some point, that won't
exceed 6' tall by 6' around that can take 100 degree summers on a Southern
exposure that gets full sun all day? In in zone 5, but if this heat keeps up
it'll be zone 6 very soon.

Thanks ...

Wendy B G 07-09-2003 08:32 PM

Shrub Question

Can anyone recommend a shrub, preferable flowering at some point, that won't
exceed 6' tall by 6' around that can take 100 degree summers on a Southern
exposure that gets full sun all day? In in zone 5

Potentilla.
Floribunda roses. Keep them watered in the heat.

Wendy
Sequim, WA (Zone 8)

Sed5555 07-09-2003 11:02 PM

Shrub Question

Can anyone recommend a shrub, preferable flowering at some point, that won't
exceed 6' tall by 6' around that can take 100 degree summers on a Southern
exposure that gets full sun all day?

Blue mist spirea, fernbush, rabbitbrush, Moonlight broom, apache plume,
waxflower, Russian globe peashrub, Nanking cherry, Russian sage to name a few.
sed5555

Nanceemo 08-09-2003 03:03 AM

Shrub Question

I've never heard of most of those! So much for my searching.

Thanks

no offense, and thanks for the suggestions, but I just happen not to like
potentilla. I did, until it started being used so widely on commercial
property. Yes, I know, that is why it's tough and why you did suggest it. : )