GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   House Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/425-house-plants.html)

James Dower 07-02-2003 05:10 PM

House Plants

Hi folks. Quite possibly the wrong place to ask, but would anyone know a
good group to post looking for some houseplant recommendations?

Jamie

paghat 07-02-2003 06:37 PM

House Plants

In article ,
(Iris Cohen) wrote:

Quite possibly the wrong place to ask, but would anyone know a good group
to post looking for some houseplant recommendations?

You are here. What do you want to know? My first recommendation is always find
out the exact name & spell it right. I have been harassing everyone else here
about that for several years. ;-)

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know

so much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885

Spelling things write is indeed terrably importent.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/

Emory Bond 07-02-2003 06:43 PM

House Plants

I could send my Labrador around to shit in your back yard. Would that
be of any help?

Thalocean2 08-02-2003 05:12 AM

House Plants

:-)

Warren 08-02-2003 08:01 AM

House Plants

paghat wrote:

Spelling things write is indeed terrably importent.

Of course it's all relative. If you misspell a plant name, you get a
plant that could be very different than what you planned on. If you
misspell Celebrex as Celexa, your arthritis goes untreated, but you may
no longer be as upset about it.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Cereoid+10 08-02-2003 08:24 PM

House Plants

So, have you been taking stupid pills again, Warren?

This topic has been beaten into the ground so many times and still hasn't
made an impression on the slowest in the group.

Getting the proper scientific name of the plant should be of paramount
importance so that everyone knows what you are talking about, just as you
would prefer to be called by your proper name rather than being referred to
as that babbling dumbass!

[email protected] 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

House Plants

Cereoid,
Why are you so crabby lately?
Roz

[email protected] 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

House Plants

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:40:55
-0330, James Dower did speak the following bit of
wisdom:

Hi folks. Quite possibly the wrong place to ask, but would anyone know a
good group to post looking for some houseplant recommendations?

You're there, dude. Post away... ;)
* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"

Zemedelec 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

House Plants

No. But I have some tricolored Wandering Jew that is growing like mad in a
hanging conttainer from a few little clipping. Ask your friends for some--I
forget the scientific name, and this is a place where eggwhite cookies are
called Petes de Nonnes....
zemedelec

Cereoid+10 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

House Plants

Why the rhetorical question?

Oh, nevermind.

wrote in message
Cereoid,
Why are you so crabby lately?
Roz

Frogleg 09-02-2003 03:36 PM

House Plants

wrote:

Hi folks. Quite possibly the wrong place to ask, but would anyone know a
good group to post looking for some houseplant recommendations?

We do houseplants. What are you looking for? Low-light? Low
maintenance? Something Green? Large? Small? Blooming?