GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ivy climbing the wall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42528-ivy-climbing-wall.html)

[email protected] 09-09-2003 12:02 AM

Ivy climbing the wall

Amigos y Amigas -

My Boston Ivy is literally climbing the 6-ft block wall.
Some has reached the top.

What do I do now? Have never faced this dilemma before.

I don't want to upset or discourage the plants, but ...

Your help appreciated!

--

Persephone

Shell91 09-09-2003 09:42 AM

Ivy climbing the wall

Trim it back to where you want it. If its anything like english ivy it will
not hurt the plant and will train it to a particular area. You will have to
trim regularly though

Shell

Vox Humana 09-09-2003 02:42 PM

Ivy climbing the wall

wrote in message

Amigos y Amigas -

My Boston Ivy is literally climbing the 6-ft block wall.
Some has reached the top.

What do I do now? Have never faced this dilemma before.

I don't want to upset or discourage the plants, but ...

Your help appreciated!

I would leave it alone. Better to look at ivy than a block wall.

Jim W 09-09-2003 03:42 PM

Ivy climbing the wall

wrote in message

Amigos y Amigas -

My Boston Ivy is literally climbing the 6-ft block wall.
Some has reached the top.

What do I do now? Have never faced this dilemma before.

It will drape down again.. Unless theres a roof at the top of the wall
worry not.. Trim if you wish.

Incidentally Boston Ivy (Parthenocissus) is no close relative of Ivy
(Hedera). The only relation between them is that they are both climbers.
//
Jim