GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bougainvillea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42672-bougainvillea.html)

Sharon 10-09-2003 04:23 AM

Bougainvillea

Can someone recommend a good vining/ground cover type of Bougainvillea?
I want it to spill over a low wall and down an embankment.

Sharon

Zemedelec 11-09-2003 04:02 PM

Bougainvillea

Just be sure it's an embankment no one willl be tempted to sit on. Most
bouganvillians have sadistic inch-long thorns, when mature.
zemedelec

Mary 11-09-2003 05:02 PM

Bougainvillea

You betcha! I've had thorns from those Bougainvillea go right through
the bottom of my tennis shoes!

Mary

Hope Munro Smith 14-09-2003 01:12 AM

Bougainvillea

Guess that's the sort of thing you should plant under your windows to
discourage break ins!