GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trying to grow roots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42684-trying-grow-roots.html)

Ghislain 10-09-2003 07:02 AM

Trying to grow roots

Help!I have a maple tree and would like to grow more of them,and like to
start roots from its branches.What will I need to do?

[email protected] 10-09-2003 06:22 PM

Trying to grow roots

Start with a good book on plant propagation and proceed from there.

[email protected] 10-09-2003 07:32 PM

Trying to grow roots

writes in article dated Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:17:57 GMT:
Start with a good book on plant propagation and proceed from there.

...and doesn't even recommend a title. What a marvelous contribution to
world knowledge you are, beeky.

Ghislain wrote:

Help!I have a maple tree and would like to grow more of them,and like to
start roots from its branches.What will I need to do?

Buy a rooting hormone such as Roottone from a garden shop. Read the
directions. I haven't tried maples, but it works on most plants.

--Thundermaker$yahoo.com (Spud Demon)
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Bill G 11-09-2003 11:22 PM

Trying to grow roots

Get a book on AIR LAYERING.Large branches can be converted to smalll trees/
Bill G