GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yucca Stalks Filamentosa HELP! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42691-yucca-stalks-filamentosa-help.html)

Vinnie 10-09-2003 11:12 AM

Yucca Stalks Filamentosa HELP!

Can someone please tell me what I should do with the stalk that's left
after the flowers bloom and die. It appears to be kinda dry towards
the top I havn't checked down inside the plant/leaves. Thanks, Vinnie

Frankhartx 10-09-2003 02:22 PM

Yucca Stalks Filamentosa HELP!

From: (Vinnie)

Can someone please tell me what I should do with the stalk that's left
after the flowers bloom and die. It appears to be kinda dry towards
the top I havn't checked down inside the plant/leaves. Thanks, Vinnie

You may remove it if you think it is unsightly--it can be a bit tough so use
pruning shears

Cereoid-UR12- 10-09-2003 02:32 PM

Yucca Stalks Filamentosa HELP!

Actually, the old flower stems will break away at the base all by themselves
after they have withered and the growing season is over. That is, unless
they have the large fruit capsules developing on them.

Chris Owens 16-09-2003 01:32 PM

Vinnie wrote:

Can someone please tell me what I should do with the stalk that's left
after the flowers bloom and die. It appears to be kinda dry towards
the top I havn't checked down inside the plant/leaves. Thanks, Vinnie

You can cut it off or leave it; the seed pods are kind of
interesting . . .

Chris Owens