Old 11-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Gulffritallary

Default Garden signs

I'm looking for someone who would do a custom garden sign - metal that would
stick in the ground with a quote on it. When I do a google search, I get all
kinds of personalized address sign makers. Does anyone know of a resource that
would make garden signs with a quote or poetry on it?

Old 11-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Dwight Sipler

Gulffritallary wrote:

I'm looking for someone who would do a custom garden sign - metal that would
stick in the ground with a quote on it. When I do a google search, I get all
kinds of personalized address sign makers. Does anyone know of a resource that
would make garden signs with a quote or poetry on it?

The greenhouse supplier I deal with sells galvanized metal sign holders
for retail displays. I don't have the catalog in front of me, but they
come in 5 x 7 and 8 x 11 sizes. They also sell blank plastic sheets for
writing on, or you can make a paper sign in your computer and have it
laminated. They have a stake that's about 30" long. Note that colored
inks fade rapidly in sunlight. The longest lasting signs from your
computer seem to be made on black and white laser printers.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:08 AM
Tom J

"Gulffritallary" wrote in message
I'm looking for someone who would do a custom garden sign - metal that would
stick in the ground with a quote on it. When I do a google search, I get

all
kinds of personalized address sign makers. Does anyone know of a resource

that
would make garden signs with a quote or poetry on it?

In my area there are all kinds of shops that have these, like Garden Ridge,
The Pottery, etc.

Tom J

Old 15-09-2003, 04:32 PM
D Kat

Buy yourself some sheets of copper, write your quotes on the sheet with a
hard metal object (nail punch? - place the copper on a sheet of cardboard so
that the pressure can go through... ), punch a hole through the corners and
use copper wire to tie it to a metal stake. All the things could be bought
at a hardware or crafts store. You can also cover a piece of wood with it
(bend the edges over the sides of the wood, tack it on with copper furniture
tacks). Nail a stake on it and hammer into the ground. It is really easy
and very satisfying.

http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,6504,00.html shows how to decorate
copper... be careful as the metal can cut.