GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snakes in the Garden - fly tennis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42794-re-snakes-garden-fly-tennis.html)

Salty Thumb 11-09-2003 11:15 PM

Snakes in the Garden - fly tennis

(Beecrofter) wrote in
om:

I got a really neat handheld bug zapper that works great on flies and
mosquitos. Doesn't work too good on wasps though :) just makes em mad.

Shell

If it looks like a short handled badmitton raquet try new batteries ,
mine fries yellow jackets at once.

Where's a good place to get these? I've heard alternately that they don't
work or they make a mess.

- ST

Shell91 12-09-2003 01:42 AM

Snakes in the Garden - fly tennis

I got mine on eBay. So far they're doing pretty good. I think it's less
mess than a regular swatter.

Shell

Zemedelec 12-09-2003 01:42 PM

Snakes in the Garden - fly tennis

So do I--it's called a common, or garden, flyswatter. Works only on flies, but
it's 90% accurate. Instructions for use: find a sitting fly. Raise swatter.
Bring it down hard 1/4 inch BEHIND fly--they give a little backward jump before
they take off. Try it out on 10 flies and you'll be convinced of its accuracy.
zemedelec