GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanted Blue Hibiscus - problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/42988-transplanted-blue-hibiscus-problem.html)

[email protected] 13-09-2003 09:32 PM

Transplanted Blue Hibiscus - problem

Yo, amigos y amigas -

I just had my first problem with transplanting. I usually bat .1000,
so am disappointed. I moved a mature Blue Hibiscus
into a very well-prepared area with proper transplant mix,
worm castings, compost, watering in, etc. But it is drooping.

Q: How long should I wait for it to pull itself together before
I give up and pull it out (ouch!). It has been about 4 days.

TIA

--

Persephone

Zone 24/8, So. Calif coastal

Travis 13-09-2003 10:12 PM

wrote:
Yo, amigos y amigas -

I just had my first problem with transplanting. I usually bat
.1000, so am disappointed. I moved a mature Blue Hibiscus
into a very well-prepared area with proper transplant mix,
worm castings, compost, watering in, etc. But it is drooping.

Q: How long should I wait for it to pull itself together before
I give up and pull it out (ouch!). It has been about 4 days.

You should have waited until Fall or Spring to do your transplanting.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5