Old 14-09-2003, 10:02 PM
mcreda2000

Default Help needed to identify palm tree

Can someone help me to identify this palm tree? It's not doing so
well (it's a houseplant) and I wanna read up on best care for this
type palm.

Thanks so much

http://www.mcreda.com/plant.jpg
Old 15-09-2003, 09:32 PM
len brauer

if it is the 'cham.' then it should do pretty well indoors in a well
lit area, now well lit to us might not be well lit to a plant. inside
the house the atmosphere tends to be dry these plants like it more
humid. they can be prone to bug attacks like mealy bugs (wolly
thrips), scale insect and red spider mites. might also simply be that
it is root bound.

in the picture it doesn't look too bad but pictures don't always show
the exact. do you keep it well watered? you could introduce some
foliar feeding use any liquid feeders at about 1/4 the recommended
strength. and indoor plants do need a stint outside in a well lit area
out of direct sun and wind.

i note that it has been flowering so it must be a little bit happy at
least. also introduce foliage wetting with a spray bottle do this a
couple or few times a day.

hope there is some help there for you

len

snipped