GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identify these two plants (Sagittaria) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/43275-re-identify-these-two-plants-sagittaria.html)

Cereoid-UR12- 17-09-2003 03:02 AM

Identify these two plants (Sagittaria)

You definitely have two species of Sagittaria (= wapato = water potato)
there.

Cannot determine exactly which species because the diagnostic floral
characters are not visible in the pictures.

Both probably have tuberous rootstocks.

Look them up in a flora of the Pacific Northwest.

AnonnyMoose wrote in message
Please take a look and tell me what these are. Located at a lake outside
Portland Oregon. I believe one is wapato... but which? And what is the
other? They are growing in the same area, are similar in size and have
similar flowers.

Thanks in advance.

karen

http://users.easystreet.com/markie/extra/wapato_01.jpg
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/e...apato_thin.jpg

Cereoid-UR12- 17-09-2003 03:22 AM

Identify these two plants (Sagittaria)

Taking a wild guess, the broad leafed plants is probably Sagittaria
latifolia and the narrow leafed one is probably Sagittaria cuneata. Both are
called "wapato"!!!

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/pl...tions/sag.html

m...