GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   crape myrtle (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/43939-crape-myrtle.html)

Wishy13764 24-09-2003 03:22 PM

crape myrtle

This past spring i had my 10 year crape myrtle moved a few feet for installing
a shed..Where the crape myrtle was originally, I noticed that 4 more crape
myrtles appearing. One is allready a couple of feet high. Thje original plant
is also florishing and bloomed for me this past July. I live in Zone 6 area and
the plant is the hardy variety. I want to keep those 'cuttings' and placed them
in other area and or container, but don't know how to go about it...especially
with Fall approaching. Can someone advise and tell me where I could place them
before the worst part of winter may harm them, although hardy like I said, they
are young and except for the 2 foot one, not established?

Harri85274 25-09-2003 12:12 AM

crape myrtle

They are sprouts from roots that were left behind. They'll be fine.

In other words leave them be from now until spring? How deep do i dig to get at
the root of them, if they are sprouts?