GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where to buy ornamental grass?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/43968-where-buy-ornamental-grass.html)

HiL 24-09-2003 10:02 PM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

Hello! I've started my Christmas shopping. I am looking for a place to buy
some ornamental tall grass for my Dad. He lives in Southern Wisconsin, near
Milwaukee. Do you know of any good catalogs to order from? Would it be a
better idea to purchase the grass in the spring, or can it live in a pot for a
few months?

Any suggestions of tall grass that can live in our weird climates?

please respond by email.

Thank-you!
Megan

Jan Flora 25-09-2003 08:03 PM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

In article ,
(HiL) wrote:

Hello! I've started my Christmas shopping. I am looking for a place to buy
some ornamental tall grass for my Dad. He lives in Southern Wisconsin, near
Milwaukee. Do you know of any good catalogs to order from? Would it be a
better idea to purchase the grass in the spring, or can it live in a pot for a
few months?

Any suggestions of tall grass that can live in our weird climates?

please respond by email.

Thank-you!
Megan

Try High Altitude Gardens. They're on the web. (I can't find their catalog
in this mess of an office...) They have *lots* of gorgeous ornamental
grasses that will do well in a northern/wonky climate.

Jan

Sed5555 27-09-2003 04:33 AM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

Do you know of any good catalogs to order from?

Try High Country Gardens. They offer a number of ornamental grasses:
www.highcountrygardens.com
sed5555

HiL 27-09-2003 07:22 AM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

thank you very much for your replies!

Megan

J Kolenovsky 02-10-2003 04:03 AM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

An excellent source that has pleased many Native Plant Society of Texas
members is Native American Seed, http://www.nativeamericanseed.com/. =

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com - 186 links to the environment

HiL wrote:
=

Hello! I've started my Christmas shopping. I am looking for a place to=

buy
some ornamental tall grass for my Dad. He lives in Southern Wisconsin,=

near
Milwaukee. Do you know of any good catalogs to order from? Would it b=

e a
better idea to purchase the grass in the spring, or can it live in a po=

t for a
few months?
=

Any suggestions of tall grass that can live in our weird climates?
=

please respond by email.
=

Thank-you!
Megan

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

@'86 DASPAMnetscape.net 02-10-2003 04:42 AM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

Megan,

You can also find some great deals on EBAY.

J Kolenovsky 03-10-2003 01:42 PM

Where to buy ornamental grass??

I know many people who don't care for EBAY anymore. =

Megan, Native American Seed has an excellent reputation. I can speak
from purchase experience on a personal and professional level.

J. Kolenovsky
owner, http://www.celestialhabitats.com
Native plant landscape design/build company

@'86, DASPAMnetscape.net, wrote:
=

Megan,
=