GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tillandsia Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/44005-tillandsia-question.html)

Shell91 25-09-2003 03:02 AM

Tillandsia Question

I just got a Tillandsia capitata shelldance and it's in a pot. Looks like
regular potting soil. Do I need to take it out and mount it?

Shell

Siberian Husky 02-10-2003 07:02 AM

Tillandsia Question

"Shell91" wrote in message digy.com...
I just got a Tillandsia capitata shelldance and it's in a pot. Looks like
regular potting soil. Do I need to take it out and mount it?

I am no airplant expert, but I am not aware of any Tillandsia growing
in potting soil (and that is the nickname "airplant"). I assume you
can take it out and mount it onto some piece of wood and glue it,
though do not forget watering, and do not keep it outdoors in the
winter (unless you happen to live in Florida).