GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Suggestions, Please... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/44108-suggestions-please.html)

Kudzu 26-09-2003 01:02 PM

Suggestions, Please...

What are some container plants that get by in cold/freezing weather
and never get direct sunlight? They will receive bright indirect
light. I'm kind of stumped over this one and would appreciate
any ideas.

Thanks!

-kudzy

gregpresley 27-09-2003 07:12 AM

Suggestions, Please...

In many climates, hostas will endure this kind of life...
I have also grown spearmint and lemon balm under these conditions.

V_coerulea 28-09-2003 02:43 AM

Suggestions, Please...

How big a plant are you talking about? Where do you live? I grow ornamental
maples and standard camellias in tubs outdoors all year round, moving them
from pine shade in late spring & summer to our large sunny deck in fall for
the beautiful color to spring. But I wouldn't recommend that for much north
or where I live.
Gary

Kudzu 28-09-2003 10:02 PM

Suggestions, Please...

I live in Atlanta, GA.

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 01:13:33 GMT, "V_coerulea"
wrote:

How big a plant are you talking about? Where do you live? I grow ornamental
maples and standard camellias in tubs outdoors all year round, moving them
from pine shade in late spring & summer to our large sunny deck in fall for
the beautiful color to spring. But I wouldn't recommend that for much north
or where I live.
Gary
.. .