Old 26-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Xavier Vanbecelaere

Default LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

Old 27-09-2003, 12:25 AM
M. Tiefert

yes
Old 27-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Zemedelec

Subject: LINDEN Or LIME-TREE BRBR

"In all Denmark there is no more luscious month than the one when the lime
trees come into bloom. They have a scent of hay, honey and holy incense."

Isak Dinesen

Also the national tree of Czechoslovakia. I haven't dared ask how the tree was
"divided" in 1993 when the two countries separated.

It's amazing how insignificant a little sprig of "lipa" looks and smells...and
how people and bees nearly swoon under the influence of a big one in full
bloom, like the ones at the Mala Strana exit from the Prague subway.

zemedelec
Old 27-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Shell91

Whet I was a child in Arizona there was a drive near our house that had
orange trees. It was a real treat to drive down that road when they were in
bloom.

Shell

Old 27-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Would much rather have a gin and tonic tree!!!

You can't get key limes from a pad locked linden.

Xavier Vanbecelaere wrote in message
e...

[IMG] code is On

linden tree pacca[_3_] Gardening 2 30-05-2014 12:49 AM
linden tree Tony Pacc Gardening 1 02-07-2006 09:04 PM
Linden tree? Tony Pacc Gardening 14 13-09-2005 08:22 AM
the native lime (finger lime) John Savage Australia 0 10-03-2004 04:14 AM
LINDEN Or LIME-TREE Xavier Vanbecelaere Plant Science 2 27-09-2003 02:02 PM