Old 29-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default pee in the pile

Maybe you didn't read my earlier statements. I am disagreeing with you,
buckwheat.

You should not underestimate the potential of infectious diseases being
spread by a trash pile and the vermin they attract. Its just like the vermin
this thread attracts. You and Jim Bob should be dropped from the discussion.

no one of importance wrote in message
OK, maybe you didn't read the whole thread. I was agreeing with James

that
the idea of AIDS being passed by urinating in a compost pile was pretty

much
stupid and should be dropped.

Philip

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
Since you are "no one of importance", we can ignore your request.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist

like
Reagan did, that's your personal prerogative and don't try to impose it

on
anyone else.

no one of importance wrote in message
Agreed. Let's let the AIDS thing drop.

Philip

"JNJ" wrote in message
BTW, being HIV positive and urinating on the pile would be

little
different than someone not infected doing the same.

Nope, it wouldn't be "little different", it would be NO different.

The
virus doesn't live in air.

You are incorrect. Most individuals who are HIV positive are also

on
cocktail of medications to stay alive. Therefore the urine would

not
be
the
same -- there would be a variety of chemicals present that are not

present
in the urine of those not infected. Furthermore, each individual

would
likely not have the same biological processes, eating habits, and

other
factors that affect urine content. Ergo the statement that the two

would
be
little different.

Semantics aside, we're saying the same thing -- this aspect of the

thread
is
purely idiotic.
James

Old 29-09-2003, 11:02 PM
no one of importance

Maybe I gave you credit for not being a cretin. I was wrong in that. Until
you have specialized in infectious disease, which I have, until you have
more than an eighth-grade mentality, which you don't, until you have, in
other words, a clue, don't come around with your spew. You're diatribe was
meaningless.

AIDS, or specifically HIV, cannot be spread by urinating into a trash pile.
That was, and has been, my stance. HIV has specific transmission vectors,
urine that is exposed to atmosphere is not one of them.

Go away little creep.

. ..

Old 30-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Dvd

"Merl Turkin" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:40:27 -0400, dr-solo wrote:

RIGHT... and so it is. That is how polio and many other diseases
including some of the hepatitis viruses get passed around. Ingrid

We're talking about using your OWN not other people's for starters.

Don't spread FUD.

And what about all those raccoons and rabbits. I just know they've been
peeing in my garden. Then there's the neigbour's cat -- don't get me
started.

Old 30-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Merl Turkin

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 02:27:59 -0400, JNJ wrote:

Semantics aside, we're saying the same thing -- this aspect of the thread
is purely idiotic.
James

Not it's not, if you are healthy your OWN pee is NOT TOXIC IN ANY WAY,SHAPE
OR FORM.

YOUR OWN.

http://skepdic.com/urine.html

Old 30-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Merl Turkin

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:04:47 -0400, Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

Maybe you didn't read my earlier statements. I am disagreeing with you,
buckwheat.

You should not underestimate the potential of infectious diseases being
spread by a trash pile and the vermin they attract. Its just like the
vermin this thread attracts. You and Jim Bob should be dropped from the
discussion.

For Christ's sakes(tm), we're talking about a person's OWN URINE, not using
everyone elses. If YOU are healthy YOUR OWN urine is TOTALLY SAFE TO USE.

Research it for Pete's sakes. No healthy person has ever died from
ingesting their own urine. Period. End of story. There is NOTHING in the urine
of a healthy person that can harm or kill them. NOTHING.

God damn it some of you are thick as hell.
Old 30-09-2003, 01:12 AM
JNJ

Semantics aside, we're saying the same thing -- this aspect of the
thread
is purely idiotic.

Not it's not, if you are healthy your OWN pee is NOT TOXIC IN ANY

WAY,SHAPE
OR FORM.

YOUR OWN.

A) The statement you quote above is in reference to the sidebar thread
suggesting that HIV can be transmitted via urinating into a compost pile.
That is pure foolishness -- the virus is not transmitted via the urine.

B) If you are healthy then it is still likely that there is a measure of
toxicity in the urine. Stating otherwise is simply not true, no matter how
much you wish it to be so.

C) As noted previously in this thread and elsewhere, the likelihood that the
contents of the urine that are not urea will have negative effects are
likely nil.

I still say the same as before though -- why bother? Compost piles do not
need urine; the only benefit is from nitrogen which is just as easily added
by simply throwing some bloodmeal on the pile.

James

Old 30-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Mr. Cruise

Dvd wrote:
We're talking about using your OWN not other people's for starters.

Don't spread FUD.

And what about all those raccoons and rabbits. I just know they've been
peeing in my garden. Then there's the neigbour's cat -- don't get me
started.

OMFG! If there is one woe to top all my woes.... Above Tomato Worms...
Above fire ants... Above RUGRATS! It's Cat****! Anything metal gets a
fresh dose of it a few times a week.. They have to climb a 6 foot fence
to **** on my garden trolls but apparently i'm worth the effort.

Oh.. And this thread... Is from hell.

Anyone have a spare IR night vision rifle scope they can lend me?

Cruise - I like cats, it's their bodily functiosn I have issue with.
Growing Poppies?
http://www.poppyseed.org

Old 30-09-2003, 06:12 AM
Thalocean2

Even though this is the dumbest thread I've ever read in here I still have to
ask this question...

If you pee on your compost pile on a regular basis won't the salt content of
your urine inhibit the growth the the benificial bacterias?

Laura B.
Old 30-09-2003, 04:02 PM
paghat

In article ,
(Thalocean2) wrote:

Even though this is the dumbest thread I've ever read in here I still have to
ask this question...

If you pee on your compost pile on a regular basis won't the salt content of
your urine inhibit the growth the the benificial bacterias?

Laura B.

Possibly, & it should perhaps be thought of as a "soil ammendment" -- most
of which would destroy the value of soils if used in excess.

Urea crystals happen to be a normal component of the majority of
commercial composts, so really nothing untoward so far as that goes.
However, any spot that gets ****ed in a lot will encourage hazardous
bacteria which stink to high heaven & can carry pathogens. It is a red
herring that fresh urine is usually fairly sterile & harmless; as soon as
it hits the compost heap it is no longer safe to drink, & it encourages
ugly-ass types of funguses besides potentianally hazardous bacteria.

There is a Humanure Handbook that tells how to recycle human waste into
the garden, but neither an open pile nor a sess pool is quite the proper
method. The handbook is available free as e-text:
http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html
There's a chapter on home-made composting toilets. Here's an additional
nice little page on composting toilets as "the Rolls Royce of toilets":
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~thehollies.../humanure.html
and lots of info he
http://www.compostingtoilet.org/

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Old 30-09-2003, 04:22 PM
JNJ

Even though this is the dumbest thread I've ever read in here I still have
ask this question...

Amazing some of the tangents we get off on here on rec.gardens, isn't it?

If you pee on your compost pile on a regular basis won't the salt content

of
your urine inhibit the growth the the benificial bacterias?

Urine has been used for hundreds of years in this and other capacities. The
key is moderation -- if one urinates on the compost pile several times a day
repeatedly for several days then it will destroy the pile eventually. The
idea is to help get things rolling in the pile -- just as easily
accomplished by sprinkling some bloodmeal over your pile after adding a
substantial amount of material.

James

Old 30-09-2003, 07:22 PM
simy1

"JNJ" wrote in message ...
[...]

I have to wonder how you all cope with manure, which contains lots and
lots of pee. Also, I have found predator urine to be the only
effective vole repellent in my garden. Would I be better off with vole
manure on my cabbages instead? Are voles so much healthier than me, or
the coyote that provides those expensive little urine bottles, or the
horses that provide me with manure?
Old 01-10-2003, 01:16 AM
JNJ

I have to wonder how you all cope with manure, which contains lots and
lots of pee. Also, I have found predator urine to be the only
effective vole repellent in my garden. Would I be better off with vole
manure on my cabbages instead? Are voles so much healthier than me, or
the coyote that provides those expensive little urine bottles, or the
horses that provide me with manure?

In all likelihood, probably. When you start going into farm animals though
you once again start getting more and more chemicals though. Something else
worthy of noting here -- for folks that use chemicals in their garden this
whole discussion is really unimportant. In the end, the toxic aspects of
urine are unlikely to be of much concern.

Bear in mind though -- raw excreta (feces or urine) have their own
challenges in usability in the garden. But hey -- it's all good!

James

Old 01-10-2003, 03:42 AM
simy1

"JNJ" wrote in message ...
I have to wonder how you all cope with manure, which contains lots and
lots of pee. Also, I have found predator urine to be the only
effective vole repellent in my garden. Would I be better off with vole
manure on my cabbages instead? Are voles so much healthier than me, or
the coyote that provides those expensive little urine bottles, or the
horses that provide me with manure?

In all likelihood, probably. When you start going into farm animals though
you once again start getting more and more chemicals though. Something else
worthy of noting here -- for folks that use chemicals in their garden this
whole discussion is really unimportant. In the end, the toxic aspects of
urine are unlikely to be of much concern.

Yep. we all put manure from antibiotic-loaded farm animals. Nothing
happens. We get rodents, who carry deadly viruses, relieving them in
the garden. Birds flying overhead and hitting the lettuce. Nothing
happens. Then one guy pees in the garden, the anal retentive part of
the group is up in arms.

[IMG] code is On

To pee or not to pee? Muddymike United Kingdom 131 25-11-2009 12:22 PM
vegies and pee James Edible Gardening 17 05-10-2006 07:29 PM
15' CecileBruner Tee-Pee Quest. [email protected] Roses 2 09-05-2005 06:39 PM
Landscape cloth and doggie pee!! Will it smell? MHF Lawns 3 30-07-2003 02:23 AM
You know what? Dogs pee there as well, that corner always stinks. Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 04:56 AM