Old 28-09-2003, 10:32 AM
rosemarie face

Default Pelargoniums and frost

Hi everyone ! My Pelargoniums are still in full bloom here in zone 5. I
have them in windowboxes on the deck (17 boxes). My question is: The
temps around here might go down in the low 30ies next week .... Can the
plants take a couple of nights of light frost? Or do I already have to
take them to the basement for the winter ?
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Old 29-09-2003, 06:22 AM
B & J

"rosemarie face" wrote in message
Hi everyone ! My Pelargoniums are still in full bloom here in zone 5. I
have them in windowboxes on the deck (17 boxes). My question is: The
temps around here might go down in the low 30ies next week .... Can the
plants take a couple of nights of light frost? Or do I already have to
take them to the basement for the winter ?
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Cover them in zone 5 to keep them from freezing until at least the middle of
October or later. You should get quite a few frost free days with warm
spells until then. It's still a bit early to put them in the basement and
expect them to survive until next spring.

John

Old 02-10-2003, 10:42 AM
rosemarie face

Thanks Derryl ! It's a nippy night tonight (-2 C )and I decided I'd
better cover the plants.I can't believe how cold it is already for this
time of year. I was hoping for some more nice warm fall weather , but it
doesn't look that way in the forcast. Guess I'm gonna have to get ready
to store the geraniums in the basement. What's the weather like in your
area ? Any frost yet ?
Rosie z5