Old 28-09-2003, 11:42 PM

Default "kiss me by the gate"

I am looking for information about a blossoming heirloom shrub that my
grandmother called "kiss me by the gate." It has small early spring
flowers that are intoxicatingly sweet. I would like to know its
formal name, and get some pruning advice. Thanks!
Old 29-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Vox Humana

"D" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for information about a blossoming heirloom shrub that my
grandmother called "kiss me by the gate." It has small early spring
flowers that are intoxicatingly sweet. I would like to know its
formal name, and get some pruning advice. Thanks!

USDA Plant Profile:

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant...i?symbol=POOR2

polygonum orientale

n : annual with broadly ovate leaves and slender drooping spikes of crimson
flowers; southeastern Asia and Australia; naturalized in North America [syn:
prince's-feather, princess feather, kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate,
prince's-plume, Polygonum orientale]