GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardena or Rain Bird? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/44830-gardena-rain-bird.html)

Antonio 05-10-2003 06:22 PM

Gardena or Rain Bird?

Hello all, can someone help me choose the best irrigation system? What
are the major differences between Gardena an Rain Bird? It is a
residencial garden and i will get the pump on and off function working
on the x10 automation that is already installed in the house, so iŽll
not need the controllers!
Thanks
Tony

Antonio 07-10-2003 01:02 PM

Gardena or Rain Bird?

(Antonio) wrote in message om...
Hello all, can someone help me choose the best irrigation system? What
are the major differences between Gardena an Rain Bird? It is a
residencial garden and i will get the pump on and off function working
on the x10 automation that is already installed in the house, so iŽll
not need the controllers!
Thanks
Tony

Anyone can help with this topic? Wich one should i use? Gardena or
Rain Bird to water my lawn?

Tom Jaszewski 07-10-2003 05:02 PM

Gardena or Rain Bird?

On 7 Oct 2003 04:50:37 -0700, (Antonio) wrote:

(Antonio) wrote in message om...
Hello all, can someone help me choose the best irrigation system? What
are the major differences between Gardena an Rain Bird? It is a
residencial garden and i will get the pump on and off function working
on the x10 automation that is already installed in the house, so iŽll
not need the controllers!
Thanks
Tony

Anyone can help with this topic? Wich one should i use? Gardena or
Rain Bird to water my lawn?

Toro

"Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets,
but humbler folk may circumvent this restriction if they know how.
To plant a pine, for example, one need be neither god nor poet;
one need only own a good shovel. By virtue of this curious loophole in the rules,
any clodhopper may say: Let there be a tree--and there will be one"

Aldo Leopold

Neil[_1_] 09-10-2003 05:33 PM

Gardena or Rain Bird?

Quote:

Originally posted by Antonio
Hello all, can someone help me choose the best irrigation system? What
are the major differences between Gardena an Rain Bird? It is a
residencial garden and i will get the pump on and off function working
on the x10 automation that is already installed in the house, so iŽll
not need the controllers!
Thanks
Tony

Hello Tony,
Use Rain Bird as it is a contractor quality product, not a domestic quality product. Also, you will find prices are much more favourable. As Rain Bird distributors, we are obviously biased, but check out our website on www.lws.uk.com or contact us on and we can send a priced catalogue. We have converted a number of landscapers who were installing Gardena to Rain Bird. We can also give you advice and design your system (FOC) if required.
Hope this helps,
Regards,

Neil

Ainsley 12-10-2004 03:20 PM

To be honest I would go with Hozelock and do it yourself.

Go to http://www.garden4less.co.uk and take a look at the range of Hozelock components.

The systems are very simple to put together and they are going to add some new components and kits ready for next year. You will also note that garden4less is very cheap. I saved a packet.