Old 12-10-2003, 07:32 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Poulan blower starts only by priming?

After starting and running great, one day the Poulan 432 PRO blower would not
start. After pulling the cord about a dozen times, I removed the spark plug. It
was dry, it should have been wet with the gasoline/oil mix. This indicates it's
not getting fuel.
So I removed the air cleaner and primed it. It ran until the primer fuel ran
out. I did this several times and then all of a sudden, it kept running. I did
all the leaf blowing I wanted to do, shut it down, and immediately tried to
start it. Nope, didn't even fire. Took off the air cleaner, did the primer
thing, and eventually it ran.
What the hell could be causing this?

Old 12-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Shepherd

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
After starting and running great, one day the Poulan 432 PRO blower would

not
start. After pulling the cord about a dozen times, I removed the spark

plug. It
was dry, it should have been wet with the gasoline/oil mix. This indicates

it's
not getting fuel.
So I removed the air cleaner and primed it. It ran until the primer fuel

ran
out. I did this several times and then all of a sudden, it kept running. I

did
all the leaf blowing I wanted to do, shut it down, and immediately tried

start it. Nope, didn't even fire. Took off the air cleaner, did the primer
thing, and eventually it ran.
What the hell could be causing this?

Had about the same thing happen to me while using my Echo Trimmer.

I finally emptied out the old gas/oil mix and replaced it with a fresh mixed
batch of gas/oil. Problem solved.

The gas/oil mix I had been using had been mixed properly and was not very
old, but the unit would not run on it after a few uses.

Shepherd

Old 14-10-2003, 06:22 PM
FOW

Check for a clogged fuel filter? Sometimes they are on the end of the pickup
line in the fuel tank. Use fresh mix also.