GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   any receipe's for 3 pounds of figs I've placed in the fridge to (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/45426-re-any-receipes-3-pounds-figs-ive-placed-fridge.html)

Callen Molenda 14-10-2003 03:02 PM

any receipe's for 3 pounds of figs I've placed in the fridge to

zhanataya wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:20:19 -0400, "Madgardener"
wrote:

Anyone have any receipe's for the 3 pounds of ripe, sweet figs I've placed
in the fridge to keep them from spoiling?
madgardener

A bowl a knife and a complimentary wine.

zhan

You forgot a nice nutty emmenthaler... yum.

Callen in VA

Zemedelec 14-10-2003 05:12 PM

any receipe's for 3 pounds of figs I've placed in the fridge to

Go to your nearest Megabookstore (or a nice local one if the owners are
helpful) or the Web and find a recipe for fig jam. The kind I'm thinking of is
made in the Middle East and central Europe and is very very thick--basically
just slightly smashed figs and sugar==and flavored lightly with anise.
Delicious! If you don't like anise, experiment with your favorite spices--but
quick, don't let those wonderful figs go to waste.
zemedelec