Old 17-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

Default OT Back online...what's been happening??

Six weeks, hundreds of dollars and countless hours on the phone to tech
support later and I finally have a working computer again - YAHOO!! But all
bookmarks, email addresses and any saved email/newsgroup messages have now
gone to that great computer in the sky. Any of you regulars (and you know
who you are!) care to update me on the latest and send me an email, I'd be
most appreciative :-)) I've missed you all!

pam - gardengal

Old 17-10-2003, 06:32 AM
NAearthMOM

Hi Pam! Welcome back!

I've been laying low, so much going on here............

ALways good to see your posts though! Go YAnkees!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Old 17-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:50:37 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
wrote:

Six weeks, hundreds of dollars and countless hours on the phone to tech
support later and I finally have a working computer again - YAHOO!! But all
bookmarks, email addresses and any saved email/newsgroup messages have now
gone to that great computer in the sky.

And your backup schedule is...? :-) I fear I don't practice what I
preach, but regular backups can save you a lot of grief. People ask
"how often" and I reply "how much are you willing to lose?"

The news here (SE Virginia) was hurricane Isabel that knocked down
trees, flooded low-lying areas in Tidewater (the name isn't a fiction)
and N. Carolina, and knocked out power for a couple million people. 9+
days chez nous with no lights, computer, 'fridge, etc. Sooo happy to
have a number of black walnut trees down with only minor damage to
roof and chimney. And to have found a moderately-priced contractor to
remove same. It was like living in a time warp for 2 weeks.

See:

http://oldewythe.org/isabel.htm

for some snapshots. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to get pics of
neighborhood cookouts and people helping one another righting and
bracing (small) downed trees. Must check to see if a next door
Arborvitae has uncurled yet -- the winds gave it a sort of swooping
permanent wave.

I discovered that robins like dogwood berries. Every year, vast flocks
of black birds (blackbirds? grackles? don't know) come through, land
in hundreds on each dogwood, and strip every single berry in about 10
minutes, dropping an average of 3 on the ground. The storm, just
slightly pre-blackbird invasion, knocked a lot of berries to the
ground and robins were busy.

Glad to see you back.
Old 17-10-2003, 02:42 PM
animaux

Hey, well, you didn't miss anything. I was wondering where you were.

Victoria

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:50:37 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
opined:

Old 17-10-2003, 03:32 PM
LeeAnne

kicks dirt scowls
said in a Homer Simpson tone

Stupid Yankees

~LeeAnne
-yeah, I'm somewhere near Boston-

Old 17-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Pam - gardengal

Yep, it doesn't look like I missed much (and David I did catch a large
portion of the "Great Roundup War" - hope it didn't go on too much longer
:-)) But I have certainly felt out of touch not being able to access my
regular newsgroups - didn't realize what an addiction they had become. Got a
lot of work done, tho!!

Vic, send me an email if you can - my address book is long gone and I don't
have your unfiltered addy any longer.

Old 18-10-2003, 01:02 AM
animaux

Shore enuff. Anyway, we all survived the glyphosate debate, and Marilyn may be
moving to New Mexico (and she's freaking out, I think!!), Zhan checked in for a
minute, we've had the usual misinformation, information and off topic, cross
posts from hell...but really, you have just been caught up.

Now I will email you.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:13:59 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
opined:

Yep, it doesn't look like I missed much (and David I did catch a large
portion of the "Great Roundup War" - hope it didn't go on too much longer
:-)) But I have certainly felt out of touch not being able to access my
regular newsgroups - didn't realize what an addiction they had become. Got a
lot of work done, tho!!

Vic, send me an email if you can - my address book is long gone and I don't
have your unfiltered addy any longer.

.. .