GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identify this flowering tree/shrub in Oct.? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/45789-identify-flowering-tree-shrub-oct.html)

Karen 20-10-2003 02:32 PM

Identify this flowering tree/shrub in Oct.?

Most flowers are long gone. Most leaves are on the ground in zone 5.
But there is a small tree about 4'-5' tall still with beatiful
white/pink flowers. Hundrend of small buds forms a huge cone at tip of
its every branch. The leaves look like Hydrangeas'. It seems like a
shrub trained to be a tree becasue there are some suckers around its
small trunk.

Could any one name the tree/shrub?

Pam - gardengal 20-10-2003 04:02 PM

Identify this flowering tree/shrub in Oct.?

That would be my guess as well. Does it look something like this ?
http://www.tawi.fi/~wiplant/fine/finehydr.html

pam - gardengal

"David J Bockman" wrote in message
Hydrangea paniculata?

Dave

om...

Karen 20-10-2003 10:02 PM

Identify this flowering tree/shrub in Oct.?

Yes, it's probably a Hydrangea paniculata.

But it doesn't resemble anything like the one in my garden :-(

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message news:eLSkb.837286$uu5.148194@sccrnsc04...
That would be my guess as well. Does it look something like this ?
http://www.tawi.fi/~wiplant/fine/finehydr.html

pam - gardengal

"David J Bockman" wrote in message
Hydrangea paniculata?