GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thanks to all! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/46076-thanks-all.html)

That Flower Dude 24-10-2003 11:12 PM

Thanks to all!

Thanks to all who responded to my horseradish question. I appreciate all
the replies and now have a new outlook on wether or not my "friend" is
trying to "repay" me for something.

brianflay 25-10-2003 01:42 PM

Thanks to all!

brianflay 25-10-2003 02:02 PM

Thanks to all!

Ref your original horse radish query. I feel that the contributors were a
trifle too harsh. It is a delightful condiment when compared with the 'ready
to use' purchases and well worth growing~~but not in the garden. It grows
and thrives remarkably well if treated as an annual and grown, a number at a
time, in a large container. Insert the 'thongs' vertically a couple of
inches deep and grow on through the summer. Autumn should give a cluster of
good sized mature and straight thongs for winter storage. Retain finger thin
portions for replanting in the spring. Very worthwhile trying. Best wishes.