Old 25-10-2003, 06:02 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default geranium spikes

My geraniums are growing spikes...I'm assuming these are for seeds. Do
you keep the whole long pod? I don't remember the original seeds being
long.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener
Old 25-10-2003, 08:02 PM
brianflay

Your 'spikes' are the fruits and will have the seeds enclosed in swellings
at the base. Whether these are actually Geraniums or Pelargoniums it is
seldom worthwhile saving you own seeds as modern varieties have such complex
ancestry. The results can be very disappointing. If you had removed the
flower heads before the formation of these fruits you would have promoted
further flowering. Cuttings taken next spring is your best alternative. Best
Wishes.

Old 13-05-2018, 05:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

replying to brianflay, Rayola Hilden wrote:
One of the blossoms on mine is spiking also,I had never seen this before in
all my years so thought it stange.The plant has several other heads getting
ready to bloom,does this mean it will stop blooming?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ikes-7202-.htm

[IMG] code is On

white conical spikes on tomato plants Salty Thumb Gardening 5 17-06-2003 04:08 PM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 10:19 AM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes tinman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 07:25 AM
Anyone ever use Miracle-grow spikes? Jerry Lawns 0 30-03-2003 06:20 PM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 27-03-2003 01:44 AM