GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/46427-if-geezer-cant-call-bird-bird-what-can-he-call-bird.html)

Peter Gregson 31-10-2003 03:42 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

Zemedelec 31-10-2003 05:32 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

BRBR

Nothing. No more than calling a geezer a geezer.

Of course if he was one of those figured in "Old Age is not for Sissies", he
may twist your head off, but what's life without a little danger?
zemedelec

Salty Thumb 31-10-2003 10:32 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

(Peter Gregson) wrote in
om:

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

Linus, Charlie Brown, I found the Great Pumpkin.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like a good time to visit, as it looks like
he's looking for ... um Mrs. Pumpkin.

Wanda from West Virginia 31-10-2003 10:32 PM

Zemedelec wrote:

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

BRBR

Nothing. No more than calling a geezer a geezer.

Of course if he was one of those figured in "Old Age is not for Sissies", he
may twist your head off, but what's life without a little danger?
zemedelec

If you ever saw my bird you would call it "tight"!

Peter Gregson 03-11-2003 04:42 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

I wonder if your know that bird is slang for women. I guess you would say broad.
Anyway now days its supposed to be sexist to call a bird a bird.

Salty Thumb wrote in message .. .
(Peter Gregson) wrote in
om:

Salty Thumb 04-11-2003 01:02 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

(Peter Gregson) wrote in
om:

I wonder if your know that bird is slang for women. I guess you would
say broad. Anyway now days its supposed to be sexist to call a bird a
bird.

Yes I know, and I also have seen you or some other "geezer" here trolling
for some wing-wang.

Zemedelec 04-11-2003 05:02 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?
BRBR

Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina""

"Chces videt muj ptak?
zemedelec

Dwight Sipler 04-11-2003 07:02 PM

Zemedelec wrote:

...Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina"...

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them
in english.

Salty Thumb 05-11-2003 07:12 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

Dwight Sipler wrote in
:

Zemedelec wrote:

...Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina"...

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them
in english.

"Ptak" is either Polish or Russian for "bird". I don't know what "Chces
videt muj ptak?" is, I don't think there is a sound that transliterates
to 'j' from Cyrillic, but if I had to guess, it says "Do you want to see my
bird". "Ptakovina" is probably a diminutive or a woman's name.

-- ST

Zemedelec 05-11-2003 11:02 PM

If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

...Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina"...

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them
in english.

BRBR

The English translation of the title, complete with double-entendre, is, : "May
I show you my bird?" Ptak is Czech both for generic bird and for cock.
However "Ptakovina" literally means a joke, a trick.

Leslie
zemedelec