Old 31-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Peter Gregson

Default If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?
Old 31-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Zemedelec

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

BRBR

Nothing. No more than calling a geezer a geezer.

Of course if he was one of those figured in "Old Age is not for Sissies", he
may twist your head off, but what's life without a little danger?
zemedelec
Old 31-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Wanda from West Virginia

Zemedelec wrote:

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

BRBR

Nothing. No more than calling a geezer a geezer.

Of course if he was one of those figured in "Old Age is not for Sissies", he
may twist your head off, but what's life without a little danger?
zemedelec

If you ever saw my bird you would call it "tight"!

Old 03-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Peter Gregson

I wonder if your know that bird is slang for women. I guess you would say broad.
Anyway now days its supposed to be sexist to call a bird a bird.

Salty Thumb wrote in message .. .
(Peter Gregson) wrote in
om:

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

Linus, Charlie Brown, I found the Great Pumpkin.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like a good time to visit, as it looks like
he's looking for ... um Mrs. Pumpkin.

Old 04-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Zemedelec

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?
BRBR

Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina""

"Chces videt muj ptak?
zemedelec
Old 04-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Dwight Sipler

Zemedelec wrote:

...Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina"...

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them
in english.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Salty Thumb

Dwight Sipler wrote in
:

Zemedelec wrote:

...Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina"...

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them
in english.

"Ptak" is either Polish or Russian for "bird". I don't know what "Chces
videt muj ptak?" is, I don't think there is a sound that transliterates
to 'j' from Cyrillic, but if I had to guess, it says "Do you want to see my
bird". "Ptakovina" is probably a diminutive or a woman's name.

-- ST
Old 05-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Zemedelec

...Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina"...

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them
in english.

BRBR

The English translation of the title, complete with double-entendre, is, : "May
I show you my bird?" Ptak is Czech both for generic bird and for cock.
However "Ptakovina" literally means a joke, a trick.

Leslie
zemedelec