GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Double Bird-of-Paradise (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/46620-double-bird-paradise.html)

Larry Jandro 03-11-2003 08:02 PM

Double Bird-of-Paradise

Our BoP plant is producing mostly double blooms this year. I'm
wondering how ususual that is..? This is the first year of three
owning this plant that we've seen this happen.

See: http://tinyurl.com/thpt for a photo of one of them.

--
Larry Jandro - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

"Lord, are we worthy of the task that lies before us,
or are we just jerking off..?"

animaux 03-11-2003 08:32 PM

Double Bird-of-Paradise

Those are not double blooms. They are two blossoms on the same plant. This is
not unusual.

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:58:32 GMT, Larry Jandro
opined:

Larry Jandro 03-11-2003 09:12 PM

Double Bird-of-Paradise

On 03 Nov 2003, animaux tapped on a
keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Those are not double blooms. They are two blossoms on the same
plant. This is not unusual.

Thanks, and excuse my ignorance. What would be the difference
between a "double bloom" and "two blossoms"..?

It's just that in the past two years, we've not had this. Maybe the
plant goes through cycles every few years..?

Cereoid-UR12- 03-11-2003 11:32 PM

Double Bird-of-Paradise

A double blossom is a single flower with modified flower parts.

Two blossoms are two completely separate flowers that happen to appear at
the same time.

Now you can go back to jerking off!!!

animaux 04-11-2003 01:32 PM

Double Bird-of-Paradise

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:06:32 GMT, Larry Jandro
opined:

On 03 Nov 2003, animaux tapped on a
keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Those are not double blooms. They are two blossoms on the same
plant. This is not unusual.

Thanks, and excuse my ignorance. What would be the difference
between a "double bloom" and "two blossoms"..?

It's just that in the past two years, we've not had this. Maybe the
plant goes through cycles every few years..?

I didn't say you were ignorant. Double blooms usually have a fuller bloom on
one blossom. It would have double ruffles, something in that order. Two
blossoms are not unusual as a plant gets older and has more vigor to produce
flowers.