GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   brown spots on coleus leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/46911-brown-spots-coleus-leaves.html)

Deb 09-11-2003 05:12 AM

brown spots on coleus leaves

My coleus plants that I have recently brought inside have brown spots near
the central vein. The spots are elongated and irregulary shaped. Does anyone
have any ideas about the cause?

Before I brought them inside, they may have been getting a touch too much
sun. I know they are shade lovers. Could that have been the cause?

Phisherman 09-11-2003 01:42 PM

brown spots on coleus leaves

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 00:25:36 -0500, "Deb"
wrote:

My coleus plants that I have recently brought inside have brown spots near
the central vein. The spots are elongated and irregulary shaped. Does anyone
have any ideas about the cause?

Before I brought them inside, they may have been getting a touch too much
sun. I know they are shade lovers. Could that have been the cause?

Mine are doing that too. I suspect they are dying from the shock of
environment change. I'm going to take fresh coleus cuttings from
outside before the first frost and start new plants for next spring.

Wishy13764 10-11-2003 02:22 PM

brown spots on coleus leaves

Another factor could be overwatering.