GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pumpkin seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/47043-pumpkin-seeds.html)

Rizzo 11-11-2003 05:22 PM

pumpkin seeds

I disagree!
homemade pumpkin seeds are way more tasty.
and salted seeds are sold in stores.

zhanataya 13-11-2003 02:42 AM

pumpkin seeds

On 11 Nov 2003 09:18:40 -0800, (Rizzo)
wrote:

I disagree!
homemade pumpkin seeds are way more tasty.
and salted seeds are sold in stores.

Clearly I've missed a good bit of this conversation. I'm sitting here
wondering how to make homemade pumpkin seeds.

Newsguy did you say Ann?

zhan

Ann 13-11-2003 11:12 AM

pumpkin seeds

zhanataya expounded:

wrote:

I disagree!
homemade pumpkin seeds are way more tasty.
and salted seeds are sold in stores.

Clearly I've missed a good bit of this conversation. I'm sitting here
wondering how to make homemade pumpkin seeds.

Newsguy did you say Ann?

zhan

Yep! G
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Phisherman 13-11-2003 04:02 PM

pumpkin seeds

wrote:

I disagree!
homemade pumpkin seeds are way more tasty.
and salted seeds are sold in stores.

Clearly I've missed a good bit of this conversation. I'm sitting here
wondering how to make homemade pumpkin seeds.

Newsguy did you say Ann?

zhan

The hardest part is removing the "gunk" from the seeds. Butter a
cookie sheet (or use a cooking spray), spread out the seeds, salt, and
bake at 300 degrees until lightly toasted. Stir the seeds every 20
minutes. My seeds took an hour to dry, then another 20 minutes to
toast.

Rose 22-11-2003 11:42 PM

pumpkin seeds

pumpkin seeds

Flashback to elementary school when I used to pop these babies in my mouth. I
think I could get like a bag full for like 50¢.

I have tried growing pumpkins but so far no luck.

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html
"How did I ever get talked into this?"