GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/47482-cacti-succulents-lithops-other-exotics.html)

Shell91 18-11-2003 11:12 PM

Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics

Does anyone know anything about propogating cacti and succulents and lithops
from seed? I know these plants grow slowly, what I don't know is will I be
watching a pot of dirt sit there for several years before I see anything?
I've got seeds for lithops, semperviums, cacti, and a couple of proteus
varieties. I know the proteus will probably take a few years to bloom but I
should see a plant several weeks after planting. If anyone knows of a
newsgroup for desert plants please let me know. Southwestern Bell's
newsgroups are less than complete.

Thanks for any and all help
Shell

Cereoid-UR12- 18-11-2003 11:12 PM

Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics

Check out the Cactus Mall.
You will find scores of Cactus clubs and virtually anything you can think of
regarding succulent plants.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/

m...

Harvey 19-11-2003 11:32 AM

Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics

"Shell91" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know anything about propogating cacti and succulents and

lithops
from seed?

I grew lithops from seed & they grew into sizeable plants in a couple of
years.
Not difficult; dont water until they are starting to wrinkle slightly!
Very sandy gritty compost.

Harvey

Cereoid-UR12- 19-11-2003 01:42 PM

Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics

I would much rather read that you have already checked it out and you found
what you were looking for and much more.

Shell91 wrote in message
m...
Thanks I will check it out

Shell

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
om...
Check out the Cactus Mall.
You will find scores of Cactus clubs and virtually anything you can

think
of
regarding succulent plants.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/