GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   manual leaf shredder (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/47735-manual-leaf-shredder.html)

Joseph O'Brien 24-11-2003 01:12 PM

manual leaf shredder

I saw a post for this a few years ago in this forum, but there wasn't
much information. I'm interested in a hand-crank version of the
popular electric or gas powered shredders (Flowtron, etc.). Has
anyone seen these on the market? I'm still sifting through ten
bazillion web pages, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks,
joseph

Frank Solis 24-11-2003 01:12 PM

manual leaf shredder

I use the vacuum attachment on my leaf blower to suck up dry leaves.
This usually breaks up the leaves to a degree. I then empty the bag
into a round trash barrel. Inserting a spinning weed-wacker into the
barrel quickly breaks the leaves down further and furnishes me with
inexpensive mulch. Oak tree leaves which are on the acid side make
excellent mulch for Azaleas.

--Frank