GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Privacy hedge for central Florida. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/47783-privacy-hedge-central-florida.html)

aliensite 25-11-2003 10:12 PM

Privacy hedge for central Florida.

I need a privacy hedge between the house and the road.
It should be suited to the climate and be low maintenance.
Any suggestions?

animaux 26-11-2003 01:03 AM

Privacy hedge for central Florida.

On 25 Nov 2003 14:11:04 -0800, (aliensite) opined:

http://www.floridanativeplants.com/a..._plants1.shtml

Gloria Lenon 27-11-2003 07:19 PM

Privacy hedge for central Florida.

I use seagrapes as a front hedge (although it is 6 ft tall!), but it can be
pruned shorter. Another good plant for a hedge is podocarpus. That is used
a lot in Florida. I live on the west central coast of Florida - soil is
pure sand. Also, depending on where you are, think about salt resistant
plants.

--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure