Old 29-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Allview

Default Blue berries on vine?

On Thanksgiving for the first time I saw the house that my son and daughter in
law bought. (Brick craftsman style and I love it.) On the outside of the big
porch there are climbing vines with bright blue berries. You would almost call
them turquoise. He says that in the summer the vines get very agressive and
would take over the porch if he let them. This is in Dayton, Ohio. Can anyone
give a guess as to what plant this is? I wonder if the birds eat the berries.
My only guess is maybe a porcelain berry vine but the one that I have certainly
isn't agressive.

Marilyn
Old 29-11-2003, 01:02 PM
David J Bockman

Yes, Ampelopsis brevipedunculata is highly invasive and (unfortunately)
really beautiful. Birds eat the berries when they're really hungry, in my
experience-- of course that just spreads the vine even more.

Dave