GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tuberless Begonias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/48129-tuberless-begonias.html)

Fleemo 03-12-2003 07:32 PM

Tuberless Begonias

The other day I dug up some begonias I planted last spring, expecting
to find some form of tuber to store over the winter. However, I
didn't find anything resembling a tuber, just a root system. I know
there are two types of begonias (at least), but I was pretty certain
these were tuberous begonias. Might I have dug them up too soon? Or
perhaps too late? Will they survive the winter indoors as a potted
plant, seeing as how there's no tubers to salvage?

Fleemo 04-12-2003 10:02 PM

Tuberless Begonias

Sorry about that redundant post. Nothing showed up for a day or two,
so I reposted the question.

I potted up the begonias this morning. I've put them in a north
window, assuming they'd appreciate a lot of indirect light.

One branch snapped off while potting them, so I stuck it in a
container of water hoping that it will root. Or would I be better off
adding some rooting hormone and putting it in a pot of soil?