Old 03-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Fleemo

Default Tuberless Begonias

The other day I dug up some begonias I planted last spring, expecting
to find some form of tuber to store over the winter. However, I
didn't find anything resembling a tuber, just a root system. I know
there are two types of begonias (at least), but I was pretty certain
these were tuberous begonias. Might I have dug them up too soon? Or
perhaps too late? Will they survive the winter indoors as a potted
plant, seeing as how there's no tubers to salvage?
Old 04-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Fleemo

Sorry about that redundant post. Nothing showed up for a day or two,
so I reposted the question.

I potted up the begonias this morning. I've put them in a north
window, assuming they'd appreciate a lot of indirect light.

One branch snapped off while potting them, so I stuck it in a
container of water hoping that it will root. Or would I be better off
adding some rooting hormone and putting it in a pot of soil?

[IMG] code is On

Tuberless Begonias Fleemo Gardening 3 04-12-2003 06:32 AM
Something in my yard loves begonias.. William McHarg Gardening 0 14-04-2003 03:08 AM
begonias Sabaa Mundia Gardening 0 14-04-2003 12:56 AM
growing begonias miklol United Kingdom 2 22-01-2003 07:58 PM
Begonias Chunky United Kingdom 0 28-09-2002 07:42 PM