Old 07-12-2003, 02:12 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default tree dictionary

Tree dictionary online now.

Slow downloading some parts.

www.treedictionary.com

--
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!

Old 08-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Jim Lewis

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message
Tree dictionary online now.

Slow downloading some parts.

www.treedictionary.com

Interesting. Probably useful. I bookmarked it.

However, it needs a spell check. I looked at ONE entry at
random:

"Microelements - The biggies (elements) are N+P+K;
Nitrogen+Phosphorus+Potassium; Calcium; Sulfur; Magnesium; They
are required for life in higher amounts. Then we go to the group
called micro-elements--MICRO ELEMENTS--PLEASE DO NOT CALL THEM
MINER, THEY ARE NOT MINER. They are required in very very low
amounts. Copper, Chlorine, Boron, Nickle, Molitinum, Zinc, Iron,
Manganese. You should know just alittle about what each one
does. Just to be on the safe side. There is a few plants that
we think may be able to use--Si - those are rare and in the
south; Se-; Co.(silocone-salinium-cobalt). Some of the above are
required by the fungi and not so much by the tree. See “Food.”
See "Essential Elements." "

There are at least 6 bad spellings there, and one grammar
problem.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

Old 10-12-2003, 01:02 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Jim Lewis

Thank you for your input.

Microelements - The biggies (elements) are N+P+K;
Nitrogen+Phosphorus+Potassium; Calcium; Sulfur; Magnesium; They are required
for life in higher amounts. Then we go to the group called
microelements--MICROELEMENTS--PLEASE DO NOT CALL THEM MINER, THEY ARE NOT
MINER. They are required in very very low amounts. Copper, Chlorine, Boron,
Nickle, Molitinum, Zinc, Iron, Manganese. You should know just a little
about what each one does. Just to be on the safe side. There is a few
plants that we think may be able to use--Si - those are rare and in the
south; Se-; Co (silocone-salinium-cobalt). Some of the above are required
by the fungi and not so much by the tree. See “Food.” See "Essential
Elements."

Is that better?

John

Old 10-12-2003, 01:42 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Jim

I hope this is better. Again, I appriciate your time.

Microelements - There are 17 essential elements (3 + 14) for trees that we
know of. We break them down to two categories. Macroelements and
Microelements. Macroelements are the big guys - N+P+K which is Nitrogen,
Phosphorus and Potassium. Calcium, Sulfur and Magnesium are also
microelements. They are required for life in higher amounts. On a weight
basis, about 99% of most plants are made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen,
phosphorous, and sulfur.
Then we go to the group called microelements. They should not be called
minor elements. Indeed, when they are lacking, life stops. They are
needed in very low amounts. Some microelements are Copper, Chlorine, Boron,
Nickel, Molybdenum, Zinc, Iron, Manganese. Sodium [Na] and Cobalt [Co] may
also be required in very micro amounts. Cobalt may be essential for the
mycorrhizal fungi. Selenium is found in some desert plants. Nickel is
required by the bacteria that form galls on leguminous trees. The bacteria
fix nitrogen. Silicon may be required by some plants and animals. Some
soils are lacking in some essential elements. Boron [Bo] must be added to
grow pines in some areas of the world. A healthy tree depends on the
correct amounts of essential elements in the soil.
You should know just a little about what each one does. Just to be on the
safe side. Some of the above are required by the fungi and not so much by
the tree. See "Food." See "Essential Elements."

Old 10-12-2003, 04:02 PM
J. Del Col

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message ...
Jim Lewis

Thank you for your input.

Microelements - The biggies (elements) are N+P+K;
Nitrogen+Phosphorus+Potassium; Calcium; Sulfur; Magnesium; They are required
for life in higher amounts. Then we go to the group called
microelements--MICROELEMENTS--PLEASE DO NOT CALL THEM MINER, THEY ARE NOT
MINER. They are required in very very low amounts. Copper, Chlorine, Boron,
Nickle, Molitinum

A new element? Alert the media! (or at least Tom Lehrer)

Surely you mean "molybdenum."

J. Del Col

Old 13-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Jim Lewis

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message
I already made the changes.

Nickle, Molitinum

A new element? Alert the media! (or at least Tom Lehrer)

Surely you mean "molybdenum."

J. Del Col

Don't want to start a war, here. However, I DID chose that
listing at random and wonder if it was just the (bad) luck of the
draw, of if the entire -- most useful -- document might need a
thorough spell checking. The micro-n* fix looks fine.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter."

Old 14-12-2003, 06:32 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Jim

Thanks

John

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message
I already made the changes.

Nickle, Molitinum

A new element? Alert the media! (or at least Tom Lehrer)

Surely you mean "molybdenum."

J. Del Col

Don't want to start a war, here. However, I DID chose that
listing at random and wonder if it was just the (bad) luck of the
draw, of if the entire -- most useful -- document might need a
thorough spell checking. The micro-n* fix looks fine.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter."

[IMG] code is On

dictionary update symplastless Gardening 22 14-12-2007 07:33 PM
Tree Dictionary John A. Keslick, Jr. Texas 0 11-12-2003 11:33 AM
Tree Dictionary John A. Keslick, Jr. Australia 0 10-12-2003 12:12 PM
[IBC] Tree Dictionary Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 08-12-2003 01:12 PM
Orchid Dictionary Wendy Orchids 4 16-02-2003 09:15 PM