Old 12-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Phisherman

Default Protecting wooden flats.

I've been given a few wooden (pine) flats for starting seeds and
wondering the best way to finish them to help prevent them from
rotting? Paint? wax? paraffin? Linseed oil? Any finishes to avoid?
I'll be using them for starting seeds next month for next year's
vegetable & herb gardens. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:02 PM
J Kolenovsky

I'm not an expert to answer this but I would think linseed oil or
paraffin would be the choices.

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

Phisherman wrote:
=

I've been given a few wooden (pine) flats for starting seeds and
wondering the best way to finish them to help prevent them from
rotting? Paint? wax? paraffin? Linseed oil? Any finishes to avoid?
I'll be using them for starting seeds next month for next year's
vegetable & herb gardens. Thanks.

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal