GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Favorite seed catalogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/48695-favorite-seed-catalogs.html)

Phisherman 16-12-2003 04:12 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

What's your favorite seed catalog? Any to avoid?

MLEBLANCA 16-12-2003 05:02 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

I don't plant a lot of vegies anymore, but I like

Territorial Seed for the ones I do

Flowers: Park's

Plants: Bluestone Perennials and Canyon Creek

Emilie
NorCal

FarmerDill 16-12-2003 05:03 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

What's your favorite seed catalog? Any to avoid?

Go to http://gardenwatchdog.com/ for a user review of most existing seed
catalog companies.

Cheryl Isaak 16-12-2003 08:02 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

On 12/16/03 11:03 AM, in article ,
"Phisherman" wrote:

What's your favorite seed catalog? Any to avoid?

Pinetree Seeds in Maine - great service and great prices.
Cheryl

Tom Randy 16-12-2003 10:02 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:03:35 -0500, Phisherman wrote:

What's your favorite seed catalog? Any to avoid?

Not sure yet but I got the Parks catalog today!

Frogleg 17-12-2003 08:32 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

On 16 Dec 2003 16:44:22 GMT, (FarmerDill) wrote:

What's your favorite seed catalog? Any to avoid?

Go to
http://gardenwatchdog.com/ for a user review of most existing seed
catalog companies.

Parks, Johnny's, Pinetree, Nichols, Shepherds. Burpee. And others.

Best to present the ones you're considering and ask which are duds.

mmarteen 17-12-2003 10:02 PM

Favorite seed catalogs

The user review is good. Also that it explains which companies own which
catalogs. I didn't know parks owns wayside for example.

My favorites for seed:
Parks & Burpee for flowers with a slight edge to Burpee in the consistent
quality department; Burpee, Shepherds & Johnny's for vegetables. Johnny's
puts the germination rate on the envelope so you have a better idea how many
to sow.

I also ordered some plants from Parks and they were well packaged and
healthy.

mm