GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aspidistra care (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/48984-aspidistra-care.html)

Phisherman 21-12-2003 09:02 PM

Aspidistra care

I have an aspidistra in a 3 gallon container where it has been living
for the past 10 years. I use Shultz fertilizer (7 drops per qt) every
time I water it, about once a week. Now it appears "weak" with more
browning leaves and light stripes appearing on the leaves. I just
gave it a warm shower and placed it where it is getting an hour of
late afternoon (winter) sun. No sign of spider mite. I was going to
repot it, but now I'm putting that off until it looks healthier. I
know they can resent repotting, in fact I think I killed one 15 years
ago that way. Also, this one has never bloomed, but the one I killed
did bloom. Suggestions?