GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blooming inside the house (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/49089-blooming-inside-house.html)

madgardener 24-12-2003 05:12 AM

Blooming inside the house

I was sitting in the livingroom last night and was noticing a sweet
fragrance that was slightly spicy. The aeroma kept wrapping around me and
was unmistakable. Kinda like honeysuckle with gentle pepper. Itchy to the
nose. As I sat there, I finally realized that the McCoy crocodile planter
pot with the slender leafed sanseveria I picked up somewhere was in blossom
and giving it's fragrances out into the livingroom. I turned around and was
amazed that every pod on the slender stem was open and flung wide. Tiny
little trumpets of transparent white and dripping nectar and fragrances.

Yes, I took a picture. Now I have to start watering the blood lily to get it
ready for bloom in February, and there's the cacti to watch and wait for
during these dry, and wintery times ahead of me.
madgardener

Lynda LeCompte 24-12-2003 03:02 PM

Blooming inside the house

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:05:56 -0500, madgardener" live herevic.com
madgard@fairies wrote:

[...]

Sounds wonderful... but what a tease! When you said you had taken a
picture, I scrolled down expecting to see a link to a picture. I was almost
salivating after reading your description of the blooming sanseveria ;-)
--
Lynda

Shell 24-12-2003 07:32 PM

Blooming inside the house

I didn't know sansevarias bloomed :) learn something every day. Now I'm
wondering if my sword sansevaria will put out fowers since it has two new
spikes coming up.

Shell

madgardener 25-12-2003 12:33 AM

Blooming inside the house

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:58:18 GMT, Lynda LeCompte
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:05:56 -0500, madgardener" live herevic.com
madgard@fairies wrote:
snippers going full guns

Sounds wonderful... but what a tease! When you said you had taken a
picture, I scrolled down expecting to see a link to a picture. I was almost
salivating after reading your description of the blooming sanseveria ;-)

ok, so give ME a holler (remove fairies live here to respond to me
personally and I'll send you the JPEG, it's awesome)
madgardener

madgardener 25-12-2003 12:34 AM

Blooming inside the house

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:27:04 GMT, "Shell"
wrote:

I didn't know sansevarias bloomed :) learn something every day. Now I'm
wondering if my sword sansevaria will put out fowers since it has two new
spikes coming up.

Shell
root bound, and older plants DO bloom. My older potted ones bloom once a year most times, sometimes not, but

most times yes.

NAearthMOM 25-12-2003 03:32 PM

Blooming inside the house

lucky you. My amaryllis are still sleeping.

Good thing I picked up 2 pots of red cyclamen.

HAppy almost bday by the way fellow carpricorn

Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"