GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pre cast stream in garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/49914-pre-cast-stream-garden.html)

conor mc 08-01-2004 11:02 AM

pre cast stream in garden

Is there any where that I can buy a precast stream to put into my
garden I have a pond and want a stream to run into it. The stream
needs to be approx. 15feet in length. Can any one help me.

Hal 08-01-2004 02:32 PM

pre cast stream in garden

On 8 Jan 2004 02:57:05 -0800, (conor mc) wrote:

Is there any where that I can buy a precast stream to put into my
garden I have a pond and want a stream to run into it. The stream
needs to be approx. 15feet in length. Can any one help me.

Most people dig a ditch, or build a mound for a ditch, put a liner in
it and cover the edges of he liner with rocks and plants to make it
look like a natural stream. Try rec.ponds several of the posters
there have web sites about pond/stream construction.

Regards,

Hal

JNJ 09-01-2004 05:32 AM

pre cast stream in garden

Is there any where that I can buy a precast stream to put into my
garden I have a pond and want a stream to run into it. The stream
needs to be approx. 15feet in length. Can any one help me.

Dig a trench, cover it with pond liner, run the hoses, fill the bottom with
pebbles of various sizes and hue, line the edges with stone and VOILA --
there's your stream. Actually, it's no more difficult than making a pond
really.

James