GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help with prayer type plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/50190-re-help-prayer-type-plant.html)

Cereoid-UR12- 12-01-2004 10:32 PM

help with prayer type plant

Marantaceae are tuberous rooted perennials that typically go dormant and
tend to die back this time of year (in the winter, that is). They will perk
up with the new growth in the spring. Be patient and wait it out. If you
overwater it now, the plants are liable to rot.

Larry wrote in message
om...
I have a plant that is in the same family as a prayer plant and every now
and then a leaf or two or three gets a brown dry tip. If the leaf is like
three or so inches about a 1/4 inch is dry. The entire plant in the pot is
made up of several plants like 6 or so and bam, one leaf ends up being
brown. Light or water. I think the plant loves water and I to water it
regularly. Should I be watering it more. fertilizer?