Old 13-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Tom Engel

Default yellow sticky strips for thrips?

Gardens Alive mail order has them. I find them useful around house
plants. Randy

Bette Noir wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get these?

Old 15-01-2004, 01:32 AM
V_coerulea

I've used yellow sticky cards for white fly, and incidentally fungus gnats,
but I thought it was sticky blue cards for the thrips. Am I thinking of
something else?
Gary

"Bette Noir" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know where I can get these?

Old 15-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Bette Noir

"V_coerulea" wrote in
news
I've used yellow sticky cards for white fly, and incidentally fungus
gnats, but I thought it was sticky blue cards for the thrips. Am I
thinking of something else?
Gary

I'm actually not sure of that. One site for African Violets say's blue.
I've seen yellow mentioned elsewhere. To cover my bases until I can get
cards or strips, I've put out a bright yellow bowl with soapy water AND a
bright blue one :-) No results either way yet. I'm not even positive what
I have are thrips, because the little beasties are white, and thrips are
supposed to be yellow or brown. They seem to be the right shape, though,
and they were in the blooms of my one African Violet.