Old 18-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Cricket

Default North America After the Collapse

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 18 Jan 2004 04:37:13 GMT, (Frank White)

snip
Alan/Mabu/GunKid will load up their Main Battle Wheelbarrows with
laser sighted Lorcin .380s, DingDongs and Twinkies, a couple dogeared
and stained copies of Hustlers Beaver Hunt Specials and shortly be run
over by a middle aged long haired Vietnam vet in a Dodge Ram pickup
Bugging Out, who will only look in the rear view mirror to see what
caused that gyser of shit and the muffled thump.

Oh, how embarassing - we actually own a laser sighted Lorcin...hey, it was a
joke (cheapo laser sight, wouldn't mount properly, had to be cobbled on - it
just seemed right somehow...).

On the plus side, I don't eat Twinkies...

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

Old 18-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Gunner

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:34:57 -0500, "Cricket"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 18 Jan 2004 04:37:13 GMT, (Frank White)

snip
Alan/Mabu/GunKid will load up their Main Battle Wheelbarrows with
laser sighted Lorcin .380s, DingDongs and Twinkies, a couple dogeared
and stained copies of Hustlers Beaver Hunt Specials and shortly be run
over by a middle aged long haired Vietnam vet in a Dodge Ram pickup
Bugging Out, who will only look in the rear view mirror to see what
caused that gyser of shit and the muffled thump.

Oh, how embarassing - we actually own a laser sighted Lorcin...hey, it was a
joke (cheapo laser sight, wouldn't mount properly, had to be cobbled on - it
just seemed right somehow...).

On the plus side, I don't eat Twinkies...

Well..DingDongs ARE chocolate (kind a sorta)..so they are not all
bad...G

Gunner

Old 18-01-2004, 02:32 PM
James Mayer

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:08:11 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:52:18 GMT, Raid wrote:

Well it will be a good thing when "America Collapse"
Then you will not have a ISP to post you crap!

Sorry Bubba, but like firearms, nuclear weapons and oral sex, the
genie is out of the bottle. Even after a Collapse..the Net will be one
of the first things to become reimplimented. In one fashion or
another.

Gunner

Who's going to restring the phone lines? Where is the juice
going to come from to run the switchers and hubs.and who is going to
do the repairs? Where are you going to get repair parts?

Old 18-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Alan Connor

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:02:33 GMT, Gunner wrote:

neighbors and friends?

alanc is obsessed with the idea of running for the hills and living
off the land. In fact he's claimed that's what he and an unspecified
group have already done, setting up a defensive parameter that
includes boobytraps and poison gas generators, as well as trying

No booby-traps, per se, and no poison gas generators.

Or perhaps you'd like to post the article where I said that?

I thought not.

to drive any neighbors away by poisoning their water and killing their
animals.

Yes. Sort of.

There are doubts as to his sanity...

And no doubts about your integrity. You have none.

Doubts? Doubts? The dude is a ****ing loon. A Walter Mitty consumed
by the Tarnsman of Gor books. A paranoid with at least 5 alter egos,
most of whom are also ****ing loons.

Gosh. If you said it, it must be true.

We are not sure if he is not GunKid or Mabu the Gagnificicent.
Shrug..but he makes a great punching bag.

Except that you keep missing, of course.

The rest of this nonsense deleted unseen.

And I go back to ignoring your posts.

AC

Old 18-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Alan Connor

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:02:33 GMT, Gunner wrote:

Who knows?

All I am trying to do is educate people.

I've done that. You can't remove my posts from the server or from
the archives.

All you can do is continue broadcasting your immaturity and ignorance
to the world.

There are very few people on this group that will survive more than a year
after the Collapse, and taking their advice is foolish.

Being able to shoot a gun and open cans just isn't enough.

The rest deleted unseen.

AC

Old 18-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Alan Connor

wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:52:18 GMT, Raid wrote:

Well it will be a good thing when "America Collapse"
Then you will not have a ISP to post you crap!

Sorry Bubba, but like firearms, nuclear weapons and oral sex, the
genie is out of the bottle. Even after a Collapse..the Net will be one
of the first things to become reimplimented. In one fashion or
another.

Gunner

Who's going to restring the phone lines? Where is the juice
going to come from to run the switchers and hubs.and who is going to
do the repairs? Where are you going to get repair parts?

Exactly.

Like the rest of his little gang of fools, they just don't really believe
the system can collapse.

When it does, they will be very dangerous people during the few short weeks
or months that they manage to hang on to life.

AC

Old 18-01-2004, 07:42 PM
KB9WFK

wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:52:18 GMT, Raid wrote:

Well it will be a good thing when "America Collapse"
Then you will not have a ISP to post you crap!

Sorry Bubba, but like firearms, nuclear weapons and oral sex, the
genie is out of the bottle. Even after a Collapse..the Net will be one
of the first things to become reimplimented. In one fashion or
another.

Gunner

Who's going to restring the phone lines? Where is the juice
going to come from to run the switchers and hubs.and who is going to
do the repairs? Where are you going to get repair parts?

Restring lines? Is all of that wire going to go someplace? If it's
broken it can be spliced. Lots of it is buried anyway and will not be
damaged at all.
They managed to build everything the first time without any existing
infrastructure. The electricity will come from the hundreds of
existing power plants or are they going to evaporate? The repairs
will be done by the thousands of technicians that exist and work on
them today or is every single one of them going to die? The repair
parts will initially come from existing supplies and will eventually
be created new.
IF there is a collapse of this magnitude do you expect everyone to
just say "**** it! it's gone forever."? Will everyone forget how to
do the jobs they have been doing for the last 15 years of their life?
I suppose we will lose language as well and just revert to grunting at
each other? We could hit each other with sticks but that is a form of
tool and the knowledge of how to use tools must be gone or we would
have rebuilt..

kb9wfk
Old 18-01-2004, 07:43 PM
KB9WFK

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:02:00 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:02:33 GMT, Gunner wrote:

Who knows?

All I am trying to do is educate people.

I've done that. You can't remove my posts from the server or from
the archives.

All you can do is continue broadcasting your immaturity and ignorance
to the world.

There are very few people on this group that will survive more than a year
after the Collapse, and taking their advice is foolish.

Being able to shoot a gun and open cans just isn't enough.

The rest deleted unseen.

AC

The rest of WHAT? Everyone just smile and nod. He must have just
smoked a fatty.

kb9wfk
Old 18-01-2004, 08:02 PM
KB9WFK

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:01:59 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:02:33 GMT, Gunner wrote:

neighbors and friends?

alanc is obsessed with the idea of running for the hills and living
off the land. In fact he's claimed that's what he and an unspecified
group have already done, setting up a defensive parameter that
includes boobytraps and poison gas generators, as well as trying

No booby-traps, per se, and no poison gas generators.

Or perhaps you'd like to post the article where I said that?

I would but you are ignoring my posts. It is in the archives as you
say and nobody can remove it.

I thought not.

Of course you thought not. You claim to be ignoring his posts.

to drive any neighbors away by poisoning their water and killing their
animals.

Yes. Sort of.

There are doubts as to his sanity...

And no doubts about your integrity.

Exactly right. None at all.

You have none.

Doubts? Doubts? The dude is a ****ing loon. A Walter Mitty consumed
by the Tarnsman of Gor books. A paranoid with at least 5 alter egos,
most of whom are also ****ing loons.

Gosh. If you said it, it must be true.

We are not sure if he is not GunKid or Mabu the Gagnificicent.
Shrug..but he makes a great punching bag.

Except that you keep missing, of course.

You are just punch drunk and no longer feel them.

The rest of this nonsense deleted unseen.

And I go back to ignoring your posts.

We'd expect no less of you. You are frightened by him and need to
hide.

AC

kb9wfk

Old 18-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Gunner

wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:52:18 GMT, Raid wrote:

Well it will be a good thing when "America Collapse"
Then you will not have a ISP to post you crap!

Sorry Bubba, but like firearms, nuclear weapons and oral sex, the
genie is out of the bottle. Even after a Collapse..the Net will be one
of the first things to become reimplimented. In one fashion or
another.

Gunner

Who's going to restring the phone lines? Where is the juice
going to come from to run the switchers and hubs.and who is going to
do the repairs? Where are you going to get repair parts?

Wireless, radio, sat, etc etc. Unless its an asteroid strike..the
underground cables and much of the infrastructure will remain.
Communications is a requirement for survival. Large scale
communications is manditory. Be it homing pigeon, or 300 baud packet
radio. Unless every techy is killed outright, folks will adapt,
improvise and over come. The NET is too important a resource to leave
idle. Spare parts are in abundance. Any idea of how much adaptable
surplus stuff is languishing in warehouses all over the US? Millions
of Tons of the stuff. Mega millions of tons.

Electricity is easy to generate, on the grand scale of things. It will
be perhaps local, but it will be generated. The survivors will demand
it and require it. Will there be an ISP in virtually every enclave? It
could well indeed happen., And from a survival stand point is very
desireable. Learning, teaching, planning, reading, negotiating, etc
etc.

The Net has become a central part of much of todays Western
civilization. From the Military to commerce to simple entertainment.

If the Collapse comes as a result of a pandemic..what better way to
still communicate with others?

Such is my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it. Shrug.

Old 18-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Perry Noid

North wrote:

If they don't get killed from the blasts, they will die soon after from
the radiation, and disease

All it takes is a believable threat of nuclear war to drive people out
of the cities, like just one city getting nuked. They'd be hitting the
stores and then break into homes before they'd resort to eating bugs and
strange plants.

Same goes for plants, they will all die and the land will turn into a
bearon waste land with nothing but death everywhere.

Radioactive fallout doesn't kill plants, it poisons them.
Old 18-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Me

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

Sorry Bubba, but like firearms, nuclear weapons and oral sex, the
genie is out of the bottle. Even after a Collapse..the Net will be one
of the first things to become reimplimented. In one fashion or
another.

If you only had a clue as to what you were talking about you would be
classed a bit higher than "Moroon". In an American Collapse Senerio,
the Internet would far down the list of things rebuilt.

First, Power would need to be available coutry wide and in mostly the
"Big Cities" for the Routers that make the Internet work ti operate.
Second, more than 75% of the links are FiberOptic these days and the
MUltiplexers and Switches would also have to have power, which isn't
going to be around country wide after a collapse. same with the cable-Tv
and DSL/Phone systems. Just who is going to run the Dams & Nuke Plants
to provide all this power nation wide?

another bainless thought.

me
Old 18-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Alan Connor

wrote:

[...]

Once the Grid, the Industrial Infrastructure, which is a house of cards
at best, collapses, that's it.

If you aren't prepared to live without it, you won't last long.

AC

Old 19-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Gunner

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:50:14 GMT, Me wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

[...]

Are you aware of the origins of the internet? Does DarpaNet ring any
bells? Im curious as to what sort of catastophe would level every bit
of infrastructure in the US. Big rock from outer space perhaps?

Just wondering if you have any idea how much the US depends on the
net, for economic, financial, security and military useage.