Old 18-01-2004, 06:12 AM
MLL

Default North America After the Collapse (It's happened)

The Collapse finally happened at 1600 hours on 1/18/04. It was a catastrophe
of monumental proportions.
All systems were returned to normalcy at 1615 hours.
Your 15 minutes are up.

"KB9WFK" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:28:29 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

In North America at present, including Canada, there are about 500,000

square
miles of mountain forests that are removed from major population centers
and in a climate that is cold-temperate or better.

Assuming 300,000,000 people in the U.S. and Canada, and that 5% of those
people can make it to, or are already in, the Rockies (etc.), that gives

these
areas a post-Collapse population density of approximately 30 people per
square mile, or about 20 acres apiece, back-to-back.

(your neighbor will be able to hit your house with a thrown rock from

their
front porch)

So, you are saying that after the collapse, my neighbors biceps are
going to mutate into such freakishly large proportions that they will
be able to throw rocks 20 acres?

(these areas include a lot of grasslands, too, but are predominantly

forested)

In these conditions, only a survival group that can remain inconspicuous

will
have a chance of avoiding continual battles with refugees or roving

bandits,
or continually running from them, and the only way to accomplish this is

have a plant-based lifestyle.

Says you. I happen to disagree entirely and I count your opinion as
much less important then my own. Then again, I am planning for a much
more likely event than the total and permanent collapse of
civilization.

If you HAVE to run, then you had better know your wild edible plants, of
which there are more than 1800 species in North America, because trapping
and hunting will SERIOUSLY slow you down...

AC

kb9wfk

Old 18-01-2004, 06:32 AM
KB9WFK

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:07:39 -0500, "MLL" wrote:

The Collapse finally happened at 1600 hours on 1/18/04. It was a catastrophe
of monumental proportions.
All systems were returned to normalcy at 1615 hours.
Your 15 minutes are up.

Thanks for the heads up. That is more than 15 and a half hours away
central time. I'll be sure to check the 15 minute kit and make sure
it is stocked with 15 minutes worth of food and water.

kb9wfk
Old 19-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Jamie Hart

"KB9WFK" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:07:39 -0500, "MLL" wrote:

The Collapse finally happened at 1600 hours on 1/18/04. It was a

catastrophe
of monumental proportions.
All systems were returned to normalcy at 1615 hours.
Your 15 minutes are up.

Thanks for the heads up. That is more than 15 and a half hours away
central time. I'll be sure to check the 15 minute kit and make sure
it is stocked with 15 minutes worth of food and water.

Well, did you survive?

Old 19-01-2004, 11:33 AM
KB9WFK

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:45:33 -0000, "Jamie Hart"
wrote:

"KB9WFK" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:07:39 -0500, "MLL" wrote:

The Collapse finally happened at 1600 hours on 1/18/04. It was a

catastrophe
of monumental proportions.
All systems were returned to normalcy at 1615 hours.
Your 15 minutes are up.

Thanks for the heads up. That is more than 15 and a half hours away
central time. I'll be sure to check the 15 minute kit and make sure
it is stocked with 15 minutes worth of food and water.

Well, did you survive?

It was close but Alan was right. I didn't make it.
:-)
kb9wfk