Old 19-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Dewolla

Default Help identifying a plant

Hi. I found a volunteer tree or shrub growing in my back yard and hope
someone can help identify it for me.

The pictures are posted he
http://www.geocities.com/lglxb/photos/volunteer.html

It is doing quite well on my sunny window sill. I live in California, zone
9b, Sunset zone 15.

The leaves are (I think this is right) pinnate, arranged opposite, elongated
lance-shaped and toothed. Stem is woody. Closest matches I could come up
with are sumac, jacaranda, or mountain ash, although none seem exactly
right.

Any ideas? TIA.

- Dewolla Stepon

--